Meat Square Doggy Treats
Submitted by: Sabrina Swerdloff
Steak, Lamb or Chicken
20 Apple Chunks (NO APPLE SEEDS! Apple seeds are poisonous to dogs, can kill a small pet, and/or potentially harm dogs such as German Shepherds or Labradors)
2 Huge Knives
3 Large, Round Bones (either random store-bought or ham bones)
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt or Sugar
1. Dice the meat into 20-40 equal pieces.
2. Spread peanut butter over the tops of them with your fingers.
3. Put the squares in the microwave for 5 minutes.
4. While the squares are in the microwave, put the apple chunks in an oven tray and cover with either salt or sugar.
5. Remove meat squares from the microwave.
6. Pour the meat squares in with the apples and stir.
7. Cut each bone with a huge knife in halves.
8. Sink the bones in beef broth and leave in the refrigerator for an hour.
9. Remove bones from refrigerator and add them to the mixture.
10. Pour the broth into the bowl.
11. Now you have wonderful dog treats to put in a bag ad freeze overnight, and use as a healthy pleasantry for your fluffy friend! .
(Good for cats too.)
This is a treat and/or meal that will take time and patience to make. If you are willing to pamper your furry companion and have the time, this is the pleasantry that will get your dog smiling. It's a healthy alternative to store-bought foods, and is much enjoyed by my two dogs, Igon the German Shepherd and Lisa the Toy Fox Terrier. I've shared it with the neighbors, and they tried it with their cats. They said, "This seems like a meal for dogs, because cats are straight carnivores, unlike dogs who have other foods as a warm meal."